Furniture/ Product Designers: IWAby Team FK Monday, June 29th, 2015 .
IWA is a niche design, construction and lifestyle company.
Our in-house team of designers, project managers and contractors create and build unique luxury homes, from the ground up, that reflect the clients’ individual lifestyles and aspirations. We partner with our clients from conception to installation and beyond to explore and reflect creative options that are acutely sensitive to their lifestyles. We believe that every detail in designing and building a home needs to be delivered to exacting standards – on time, within budget and with seamless execution
Skills & Experience:
Are you interested in seeing your designs & ideas turned into reality?
We are looking for a dynamic, creative graduate or student who is passionate about the industry. You will get a chance to liaise and work directly with our designers, project managers & contractors to create luxury bespoke pieces of joinery & furniture along with many other aspects of a project from conception to completion. In other words, you won’t be left making the tea! You will have a chance to apply all the skills and knowledge you have a learnt at university.
IWA is an exciting, luxury design and build based in London. We are a terrific place to work and learn; with great clients, colleagues, skills development potential and a fantastic reputation as a high-end residential, turn-key design and build company. We are growing really fast and are full of opportunities! Our fun and dynamic office of 25 is made up of a team of enthusiastic Interior Designers, Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers; that work closely with our in-house build team of around 80 contractors.
Key Skills Required:
- Demonstrable track record of high academic achievements (e.g. have or are on track for a Upper Second Class)
- An ideal candidate will have a qualification in product or furniture design.
- Have excellent design knowledge, proficiency in Autocad and free hand drawing is essential.
- Have good communication and presentation skills
- Have a keen eye for detail, a high level of accuracy and be competent in creating and taking concepts to production.
- Clear thinking, organisation and time management skillset, with genuine passion, flair, and creativity, and keeps abreast of current trends.