CREATIVE VIDEO EDITOR: NET-A-PORTERby Team FK Monday, June 29th, 2015 .
CREATIVE VIDEO EDITOR
THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP is home to the world’s leading style destinations. The multi-brand retailer, media and publishing group encompasses NET-A-PORTER.COM, the world’s premiere luxury fashion retailer, THE OUTNET.COM, the most fashionable fashion outlet, and MR PORTER.COM, the online destination for men’s style.
With a team of over 2,500 people across London, New York, Hong Kong and Shanghai, THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP offers an unparalleled experience for the global luxury fashion consumer. With unique editorial content, translated and shoppable across multiple platforms, an inspiring edit of luxury brands and products, next day delivery across the globe and dedicated 24 hour customer service, THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP is constantly innovating to offer the best experience for its customers and its brand partners.
As Creative Video Editor, your role would be to plan, shoot, edit and upload all editorial video content for THE EDIT and PORTER magazines. Reporting to the Editor of THE EDIT, you will shoot for NET-A-PORTER.COM as required, and also manage the Junior Video Editor.
- 360 delivery of editorial video content across NET-A-PORTER’s publishing division platforms (THE EDIT, PORTER), as well as the wider business, as required
- Contributing creative concepts across a broad range of video content: Interviews, BTS, instructional, product, creative and promotional with models and talent
- Plan, storyboard, order kit, light, operate, direct, edit and code/upload video
- Develop and ensure the appropriate overall style, tone and quality of The EDIT, PORTER and NET-A-PORTER.COM video content
- Liaise with Production to plan and produce all video content within budget
- Oversee freelancers and junior team members on shooting and editing, to ensure tone and quality is in line with brand values
- Research images, music and video content as support material to video shoots
- Work flexibly and reactively to editorial workflow and shoots
- Create, update and develop all graphic assets for video content, and liaise with the design teams on specific graphic and design needs
- Improve where possible the department workflow
- Ensure all video content is delivered on time
- Organise and backup all video assets
- Keep up to date and understand latest developments in shopable and interactive video across platforms and devices
- Keep abreast of editing software and hardware developments, and ensure department is up to date
Essential skills & requirements
- A professional and creative approach to work with high quality and consistency in all videos
- Proven experience in the use of professional video equipment and editing software
- Ability to work well under pressure with a flexible, creative attitude to strict deadlines
- Understanding of usage and clearance requirements for music, images and footage
- Experience and confidence when directing models and talent
- Basic understanding of typography
- A love of and passion for fashion
- Some management experience
- Proven production experience
- Established freelance crew of DOPs/sound/camera operators/sparks etc
- Excellent knowledge of Premier, Photoshop, Final Cut, After Effects, Speedgrade
- Solid understanding of video compression and optimisation for web video
- Awareness of Sound Booth systems for voiceovers
- Good understanding of audio capture and sound quality control
- High technical proficiency with the ability to configure a variety cameras/equipment understanding best practice for capture, media formats, aspect ratios etc.